Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks Martha!

I was a little stressed about cooking a good turkey today since I don't cook meat that often and I am definitly not that good at it. I followed a recipe from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food magazine for herb butter turkey and it turned out great.

I also made the garlic mashed potatoes, cranberry chutney, mushroom stuffing and gravy from the recipes in Everyday Food. It was all so good and everyone loved it so that made me feel good. My Mom and Dad just hung out with my MIL and Jason while my sisters and BIL were in the kitchen cooking. My kitchen did not feel too small and we all worked well together so it was a lot of fun. My dad brought a large folding table so we were all able to sit and eat together. Porter and Liesl fell asleep right before we ate so I was a little sad that they did not get to enjoy dinner with us but it was also relaxing to not have to tend to them. When we sat down for dinner Shauna gave each of us two kernels of corn and we said what we were thankful for and put them in the jar. Amelia said she was thankful for the cats and dogs and Henry said he was thankful for bird seeds. Shauna picked up some english peas at the farmers market by her house so the kids had fun shelling them.

No comments:

Post a Comment