Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The smell of a Chinese chemical factory

Have you ever wondered what China smells like? My sister called me a few months ago after a trip to Walmart and said that it smelled like what she would imagine China would smell like. I am not a regular Walmart shopper but I went today to buy some cheap canvases for the kids to paint on. The whole store basically smelled like plastic and chemicals, I could not get out of there fast enough. I really feel sorry for the people who work there and have to smell it everyday.

update
"Dude, I never said I thought Wal-Mart smelled like China. I said that it smelled like a Chinese chemical factory.
Bed Bath and Beyond is even worse, the chemical laced candle smell is so overpowering that I could barely stand it in there." Shauna

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I never said I thought Wal-Mart smelled like China. I said that it smelled like a Chinese chemical factory.
    Bed Bath and Beyond is even worse, the chemical laced candle smell is so overpowering that I could barely stand it in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought China would smell like a Chinese supermarket...

    ReplyDelete