Wednesday, April 09, 2008

bread

I made some bread using this recipe from the new homemaker and it turned out great! I was not going to knead the bread by hand so I used the bread maker for that part but cooked them in the oven. It took some time but we went to the park during the first rise and finished when we got home. The bread is so good and easy I want to start making it instead of buying it from the grocery store.
The first rise

In the oven after the second rise.

I had a few slices with strawberry jam and it reminded me of when my grandma used to bring us fresh bread with homemade jam.

4 comments:

  1. It looks really good, maybe I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread looks fab! And nothing beats it warm out of the oven!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful loaves...a work of art you can eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread looks yummy. My mom still makes strawberry jam. It's so good made fresh.

    ReplyDelete