Monday, January 14, 2008

a bad day at work

I knew today was going to be bad when I was getting frustrated this morning feeding Liesl. I want Liesl to eat and if I let her feed herself half the food goes in her mouth and the other half all over the place. I hate to clean so I am constantly trying to make as little mess as possible. Anyway, for me it is just easier to feed her and I was getting angry that she was not focusing on eating. The irrational part of my brain is saying "open your mouth and eat the damn food" the rational part is saying "she is only 22 months what do you expect". I decided that I needed to go to the book store before Jason leaves for Portland and we don't know when that will be so I had to go today. Porter was not listening to me and wanted to buy a $17 book and was throwing a fit when I said no. I told him we could go to the library and try to find it so he did calm down eventually. I was looking for a book and Liesl riped the plastic wrap off another book so I ended up having to buy it. I could have just put it back on the shelf but it was not the right thing to do. We left the book store and I got a call from a friend so, I went over to her house. Porter just wanted to play with the trains and was throwing another fit when I told him to just play outside. We went home and I decided to make a cake while the kids played in their room. I let them eat cake and ice cream for lunch. I was in an "I don't care" mood and they enjoyed the treats. I had my share of frosting and cake too so, I am doing really well with my resolution to eat better, cough. Porter wanted to ride his bike to the park so we did and it was a nice little ride. I have a rule that if you take a toy to the park you have to share it and he did not want to share his car so we went home. Porter cried the three blocks home because he wanted me to put my hand on his handle bars because he said his legs hurt. It was really fun pushing Liesl on her bike and Porter screaming on his bike behind me. Porter fell asleep on the couch 5 minutes after we got home. I made dinner and then had a totally unproductive night at knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment