Thursday, June 18, 2009

it works

Last night and tonight Jason has been working late, so I have been with the kids all day. It is such a drain, by the time I get them into bed I am just so ready to sit down on the couch with a glass of wine and watch a show. If Porter takes a nap he just can't get to sleep and gets up a million times saying "i can't sleep very well". Tonight they both just went to bed and it is almost 10. Not 1 min after I left the room both of them were up and I just about lost it. I took them back to the room and told them that I was really close to getting really mad and that the needed to stay in bed. When Liesl started to get up I put her back in bed and told her that if she got up again I was going to go get the dirty crib from the garage and put her in it. She just looked at me and said "okay". They both stayed in bed, but I don't know why I make empty threats like that. I am not going to start yelling at my kids to stay in bed. I am not going to go get a crib and stick Liesl in it if she gets up. It works, but I still feel bad about making them. It is just really hard not having Jason here in the evening, but the extra money is nice.

1 comment:

  1. I think we all make empty threats like that somtimes. I know I do. It is so hard when evening rolls around and every one is tired. I see you with your kids often and you are a great mom. It is okay to have a less than perfect mommy moment. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete