Friday, December 05, 2008

California Wolf Center

Today we went to the California Wolf Center . It took an hour to get there and we had to drive for about a mile on this really bumpy dirt road. I called my friend a few times to make sure I was going the right way. It was crazy and I seriously thought I was going to pop a tire. The talk had already started by the time we got there, so we missed some of it. Not that it really mattered that much because after an hour in the car all the kids wanted to do was run around. The kids were able to touch the Alaskan Wolf pelt.
Porter spotted a wolf.

We hung out at the center for a little while, so the kids could play and have some lunch. After that we drove down the road a little ways and stopped at a trail to go on a hike.
Porter was trying to figure out how to get around the water that was on the trail.


The wolf center was lovely and they are doing some great things to help reintroduce wolfs into the wild. I would only go back if the kids were older because my kids were a little young for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment