Thursday, February 07, 2008

Day 4

Today I actually felt a little bit better and was able to take Porter to school. I still feel like crap so I took the kids down to my parent's house this afternoon so they could play and I could rest. Porter came running in the house crying and my brother followed him with Liesl. Apparently Porter punched Liesl in the face and pushed her down so my brother hit Porter. Porter was really upset and I told my brother that he was wrong to hit Porter and that two wrongs don't make a right. My Mom and Dad both defended his actions and said that Porter needs to learn that when he hits Liesl that my brother will hit him. I was so angry that they could not understand that you do not hit a child. I ended up just leaving and going home I could not argue with their backwards logic. My friend came over this evening and gave the kids a bath and she cleaned the kitchen. She is a great person and I am so thankful to have her as my friend. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. oh god, that is awful. That is one of my worst nightmares, that someone will hit my kid. Ugh. Poor Porter! (And poor Liesl, too). (And poor mama, while I'm poor-ing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is seriously backwards. I can't believe you turned out the way you did if that was the logic in parenting when you were growing up, seriously! I mean yes porter may need a "consequence" but hitting a kid, and especially one that isn't your own!!! i would want to hurt that person! That is super effed up for porter too because now he probably thinks bigger people can physically hurt him, how scary for a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry that happened to you all. That's just not right. I feel so thankful that my mom and I see eye to eye on patenting issues. My dad, his wife and I often clash, so they don't spend as much time with the girls.

    I'd be seriously pissed off if someone hit my kid.

    Hope you feel better soon. Please let me know if there's any way we can help!

    ReplyDelete