Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just Tutes

I love this blog! This mom is so talented and nice to make these great easy to follow patterns. I have made the strip work apron twice now and it is so easy to put together. It does take me quite a while to measure, cut, make bias tape, but once you start sewing, it comes together quickly. Here is the one I just made for a birthday present for a 5 year old, so it is a little big on Liesl
I have wanted to make the peasant blouse for a while now, so I went for it and ended up making it into a dress. I made it for a birthday gift as well and I am happy with the way it turned out, but there are some flaws. I think I want to just make a top next time and keep it simple. I sometimes get ideas in my head and just go for it without really knowing what the heck I am doing. I am a self taught sewer and I know I would benefit from taking a class. Here is the dress modeled by Liesl.

1 comment:

  1. Totally cute! I can't put the dresses you make your nieces on them, without getting compliments!

    ReplyDelete