Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Open House

Tonight was open house at Porter's school and it was really fun for Porter to play with Jason in the classroom. My Mom and Dad showed up late but the kids really loved seeing them there. We hung out in the room for a little while and then went up to the sanctuary so the kids could sing some songs. It totally threw me when Porter did not want to go up there so I picked him up and walked up to the front thinking we could sit down by the teachers. Porter threw a huge fit and only calmed down when I walked to the back of the room. After a few minutes he wanted to go back up to the front to watch, so we did and he enjoyed it. I know Porter has to observer new situations before getting involved so I don't know why I was surprised tonight. With circus class it took him a while to get into it and it was the same thing when there was a new teacher. I just thought because it was school and all his school friends that it would not be a problem. I wonder how old he will be before he decides he is ready to do it. Liesl was saying poo poo on the ride to the school and peed in the potty when we got there. On the way home she was yelling it again and went in the potty when we got home. I can't believe she is potty learning without much work on my part.
I made a cute little skirt for a birthday present for my friend's daughter. I am not sure if she reads this blog or not but I am going to post a picture if it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I love your skirt, that is cute! I saw you post this on a sewing forum earlier, then I ran across your blog. You did a great job, I am sure it will be loved!

    Also thanks for adding my blog to your favorites, I am glad that some enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete