Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yeast Experiment

The two hours between Porter getting home from school and Jason coming home from work is the hardest. The kids are usually hungry and I am trying to make dinner and get them a snack and it is a little crazy around here. I really want to start making dinner before I pick up Porter so I have more time to hang out with him before dinner, shower and bed time. Yesterday Liesl was sleeping and Porter was walking around complaining that he had nothing to do. So, I started to teach him how to knit and he really got it, but I don't have the right needles for him to do it without my help. He was frustrated with that after about 10 min, so we went downstairs and we did some experiments with yeast. Porter had a lot of fun putting different things in the bowls and seeing how they reacted with the yeast. I think he has the most fun with the soda water because all of the dishes got some in the end.

dish 1. orange juice, raw potato, and yeast
dish 2. water, raw potato and yeast
dish 3. soda water, raw potato and yeast
dish 3. milk, raw potato, banana, agave, yeast



3 comments:

  1. where did you get your yeast? i just did a yeast and sugar experiment with my high school kids on Monday! Too bad they didn't all have you for a mom and learn such things when they were 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from Frontier. I think it is $3 for a 1 pound bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh so hard!
    "Porter had a lot of fun putting different things in the bowels and seeing how they reacted with the yeast."
    bowls not bowels

    ReplyDelete