Thursday, August 02, 2007

maggots, poop, the velodrome and a photo shoot

Okay so Wednesday morning the kids were sitting up at the bar eating their breakfast and I thought I would sweep up a little since I never do. Well there were maggots in the broom and all over the floor. I was freaking out screaming so loud the neighbors were probably wondering what the hell was going on. I called Jason but he did not want to come home and clean it up. So I did what any good housewife would do I put on my yellow rubber gloves, grabbed a bottle of cleaner and a wad of paper towels and went to work. First I sprayed each maggot with cleaner but it really did nothing to stop them so I probably used a whole roll of paper towels cleaning them all up. When I was done I called my mom to schedule Letty the cleaning lady for Saturday. I am not very good at cleaning the house and it is time for a professional to come in and get the job done. So anyway my Wednesday was actually a nice day considering how it started. I went and bought a tricycle for Liesl that I can push and steer for $10 from a lady off craigslist. Porter rode his "ordange" bike and I pushed Liesl on the trike to the park. Porter was not that into the park so we rode over to the velodrome and it was open. Porter went and rode his bike around the center loop a couple of times then wanted to go on the "fast" track but only made it half way around.
Liesl has pooped in the potty about 7 times in the last week. Today she pooped on top of the potty and by the front door but at least I did not have one poppy diaper to wash this week.
So this writer for the UT is writing an article about street art and wanted a picture of me by a pole warmer. I met the photog at Influx and Jason met me there to watch the kids and it was a really weird experience. I am just not comfortable having my picture taken like that. I am afraid that I am going to have this weird smile in all of the photos but we will see.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your picture - I am sure it was a great "shoot". I hope the housekeeper takes care of your "problem" for you, I am sure it is because it has been so hot. That hasn't happened to me in awhile, but I have a vague memory from my childhood of that incident. Liesl, keep up the good work, and how cool about the velodrome. chris will want to take athena there now.

    ReplyDelete