Thursday, August 16, 2007

food and crafts

Liesl had a fever from Friday night to Tuesday morning. It was hard because she would only nurse and now that she is better she still only wants to nurse. I feel like I have a newborn again. Wednesday morning I decided to go to LA and was able to get out of the house by 11AM. It took three hours to get there and the kids were good. We went to the Santa Clarita Aquatic center and it was awesome. It was like a water park that the city owned so it was cheep and so much fun. Porter was very cautious in the beginning but after 30 minutes he started following Amelia and was comfortable in the water. Today we went to Griffith Park to ride the horses and the train. Porter was talking about the horses earlier in the week and wanted to go on the medium fast ones. I bought him two rounds on the horse and after his ride on the fast horse he was a little sad so I asked him if he wanted to have a ride on the slow horse and he said yes. Porter said the fast horse was too bouncy but he liked the slow horse. I was cracking up watching him ride the fast horse it was just so funny to me to see him on this trotting pony with his blond hair flying up and down. The train ride was fun but Liesl just wanted to nurse and that was a little annoying to me. Can I say that? I seriously am starting to really hate nursing but I guess that is because I feel like I am nursing a newborn.
I made some yummy food on Monday from one of my favorite cookbooks.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Some fun little things I have made recently.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hey, the food looks good, and vegan. You are an awesome crafter, I like the shirts. I need to work on my design ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's totally ok to say you are hating nursing; your feelings about it are valid and powerful. In some ways the AP community can be as brutal at the mainstreamers.

    ReplyDelete