Thursday, October 14, 2010

Mickey's Halloween Party

Once again the kind folks at Disney gave us the opportunity to check out their Halloween celebrations.  This year it was moved to Disneyland from Disney California Adventure.  Here are some of the fun activities we got to experience at the new Mickey's Halloween Party.

  • Trick or Treating in the ultimate Disney neighborhood, with even more treats along “Mickey’s Hide-and-Go-Treat Trails
  • New dance parties – at Tomorrowland Terrace and the French Market
  • The “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies”
    Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey’s Halloween Party)
  • New surprises in “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade, performed twice nightly
  • Character photo locations featuring Mickey and his pals, princesses and other favorites
  • The opportunity to arrive three hours before the party starts to play in Disneyland
The kids wanted to go trick-or-treating right away but, I wanted to check out the Haunted Mansion first.  We got into the elevator, the first part of the ride, and Porter started freaking out and crying so, Jason had to take him out.  Liesl and I stayed and it was so fun to see how they decorated it.  I had heard about it before and was really happy to be able to check it out for myself.  
the entrance to the Haunted Mansion


Porter with his light up spinning toy
the firework display was set to music from all of the Disney villians
During the fireworks Porter turned to me and said "fireworks are not good for the environment, look at all that smoke"  I just said you're right Porter but, they are beautiful to watch.  We had a really fun time ridding on the rides and dancing to the music.  
Liesl was looking at a glass Cinderella carriage 
DISCLAIMER: I was comped Mickey's Halloween Party tickets for me and my family.  These are my opinions and I received no monetary compensation for writing this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment