Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a dress for me

I finally got around to making a dress from the Schoolhouse Tunic pattern I bought months ago. I am not good with a pattern like this, well this is the first real pattern I have ever tried and whenever I looked at the directions I would get overwhelmed just reading them. All the reviews online said it was for a beginner and really easy to follow, but I guess I am pre-beginner. I got stuck at the hand sewing part in step 5 and unfortunately could not find any information on line about the pattern. I am such a visual learner and prefer an online tutorial like the ones Indietutes provides. I would love to see a step by step blog post with photos for this pattern. Oh well, I never did figure out all the steps in the pattern, but just kind of made it work. The one thing I hate is exposed seams and did a french seam on the skirt, but the rest is still exposed. I am going to try and make another one and see if I can hide all of them. Oh and I would love to have some pockets in the dress. I have never made pockets before, but will figure it out for the next one! Anyone have a good online tutorial on how to make them?

Here is the dress and I think it looks cute with tights or leggings.

4 comments:

  1. I think it is so cute Natalie, great job!
    I am very impressed with your sewing skills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm impressed! cute! i've always wanted to sew...

    ReplyDelete