Today I tried to make some gluten free bread from a recipe that my sister sent me. She used to make this bread all the time with great results. I started making it and realized that I didn't have an xanthan gum, so I added some arrowroot powder and potato starch instead. I also just remembered that I forgot to add the salt and the combination is probably what made this bread fail. I put it in the oven to rise and it stared to overflow, so I put the pan under it to catch the drippings. Soon it was just a huge mess, but instead of taking it out of the oven I just left it in to bake on to the rack a little more. When Jason saw it he said " that's impressive, I don't think you could do that if you tried"
The beginning of the mess.
The final results.